our eco pool

by 12:52 3 comments

14° in Nadadouro  10° in Portreath

We have a really nice chap called Daniel designing our natural swimming pool.  We decided to have a small plunge pool off our new deck and i got totally absorbed by this concept.  The thought of swimming around in bleach just doesn't cut it, so after loads of research and contemplation we gave Daniel a ring. Thankfully he was very enthusiastic and when he realised i was a graphic/web designer we were able to barter our skills.  Even better.

Above you can see our design and our inspiration.  Dave's idea to place the steps all along the house edge and have a pontoon to sit on is inspired.  Dave's confident about building it and digging a massive hole and Daniel is going to make us a plan about all the pipe work and what to plant. I'm really excited by the ecology of the thing.  Watching the plants grow and clean the water at the same time.  There is a pump which circulates the water through the planted areas and gravel beds, this cleans the water, then deposits it back into the pool.  Because the water goes into the shallow planted areas it also heats it up too!  How amazing is nature.  The water becomes so purified that it's drinkable!

Next idea to self - bottled spring water - 'Aqua do Nadadouro' x

the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey lovelies! I just thought I'd send you a message to let you know that I do keep up to date with your blog. I'm very excited to hear about all the work that you're doing on your home so that when I come and visit you I'll have a lovely pool to swim in and I can admire your beautiful shoe cupboard! I'm saving my airmiles and may be Portugal bound before you know it. Please find me a handsome Portugese man for my trip. Giant hugs and kisses x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so love this pool of yours! Super splendid! Is it affordable? This is exactly the pool that I've been dreaming of since then. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy check out Daniel at www.swimnatural.com for details.

    ReplyDelete