wheels at last!

by 15:25 1 comments

warmer in Nadadouro   cooler in Portreath

Hi there, sorry about the delay in blogging!!  The weather here has been awful!  We escaped the UK to escape the weather and for the last 2 months there has been winter in Europe, not how it said in the brochure at all.  We've huddled around our wood burner and wondered when spring will come.

So just before Christmas after a lot of deliberation i ordered a new Ford Fiesta!  Blimey, the price of cars in Portugal is astronomical.  Something to do with the government taxing them twice (totally illegally but the amount they gain in revenue outweighs the EU fine - work that out).  So after longing for my brown Mini Cooper for so long, i had to put that dream on hold.

But now i have my Fiesta i love it.  The colour is morello (after the cherry) and it's all singing all dancing.  One slight annoyance the bloody bluetooth is all in Portuguese and so i haven't used that yet.  But nobody rings me except for my Dave and he's usually riding shot gun.

It's just great to have my own wheels whizzing around on the wrong side of the road, beeping my horn at the looney drivers and grinning.

the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

1 comment: