we have walls x

by 17:16 0 comments
17° still sunny in Nadadouro   10° in Portreath

We now have walls!  Not many, but just the right amount for us.  All the interior walls are getting insulated then a row of hollow red bricks are creating the second skin for the inside.  What's so strange about the way they do things here is that they build everything really solidly, then [get this] carve it all out again for services etc.  Mmmm [scratching heads] we're just going with the flow.

I've been feeling a bit stressed for a number of reasons -

1  we want to live in our own home now [obvious one to start]
2  we have to move house again!
3  this is the busiest time in my design year and i really don't want to move right now
4  Dave's van keeps breaking down
5  i want to unpack my stuff - i haven't seen my art collection for 18 months and really need a colour buzz
6  i miss you all.

Ok no 5's a bit lame, but i could include not having any shoes to choose from either!!

However, through all of this, i feel so privileged to have a go at building our own house.  It's going to be just how we want it to be.  I'm sure i've heard the people saying the same sort of things on Grand Designs too!

One more thing which makes it all worth while - my boys [check out the haircut!]  x







the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment