the basement x

by 16:31 0 comments
18° v sunny in Nadadouro  10° cloudy in Portreath

Quite a lot has happened since my last post.  Our basement has been carved out, the floor has been lowered considerably, and the floor has its' first layer of concrete!  It feels enormous now.  We've had quite a bit of rain lately, so as the walls aren't tanked yet and the water gully not finished, the excess water is on our lovely new concrete floor!

We've had our first celebration.  Our builder Sergio had his birthday party at our build.  As all his mates appeared with wine and beer not one of them had brought their better halves.  I asked in my poor portuguese, 'onde está sua esposa' - they all just turned up their lips in a snarl, laughed or shook their heads and from what i made out 'she was at home cleaning'!!  mmm!  So much for equality in the party stakes.  Sergio's wife turned up after he gave her a ring, but she didn't partake in the party spirit.

The boys were all downing beer or tinto.  So being the party girl i am, i popped a bottle of fizz and had to drink it all myself.  Well it is my garden eh!  x







the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment