signed, sealed, not quite delivered

by 16:09 0 comments
22° in Nadadouro  11° in Portreath



Another monumental day for the Oduwole Lemms.  Yay!  We've signed our contract with Sergio and handed over a 20% deposit for our build.  I'm quivering between disbelief and excitement!  I almost can't believe that we are on our way.

I was trying to explain to our friend Catarina how nervous i feel about the whole process.  When you borrow money from the bank with a loan or a mortgage it doesn't feel real.  You never see the money and it's just numbers quickly spent.  But it's such a different feeling when it's your personal savings.  Every time i write - or even think of writing - a big cheque i feel like it's part of me.  Especially now as the exchange rate is so pants.  As it diminishes each day, i see our budget falling away from us.

However, the excitement overrides all of these concerns.  I still can't believe we're doing this.  I feel so privileged to even have a go at building a house.

Now where did i put that pink hard hat ... x

the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment