we love corn! x

by 11:57 2 comments
16° in Nadadouro  9° in Portreath

After having a break from blogging I decided it was about time to fill you in on what's been going on in the magic valley.

So spring seems to have sprung.  On cue our neighbours have started preparing their land for this year's crops, and green shoots are appearing everywhere.  This has spurred us into action too.  After having one of the worst storms in recent history, the first task has been to clear wind-strewn rubbish from the garden.  I won't bore you with details, but our neighbour seems to have a large collection of corrugated iron [?] which my Dave carefully threw back onto her heap!
Yesterday we spent the day weeding, strimming, mending raised beds and deciding where to plant things.  It was so nice to bask in warm sunshine again.  This winter seems to have lasted way too long. It reminded me of being home in Cornwall - high winds, rain and cloudy days.  The lack of sun was affecting everybody.  But it's back, and we're smiling and looking forward to a bountiful year in the garden, because this year it's all about the corn! x

the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

2 comments:

  1. It looks idyllic. I've just joined up so gathering as much insight as possible. May I ask how many years you & Dave have been settled in Portugal?. I read an article recently from a young expat who settled there at first gushing about all the positives & the after 6 years returned to the UK (lived in Lisbon) & one of the main reasons she gave (there were a few, family etc) was that the houses are generally very poorly insulated so very hot in summer & VERY cold in winter. Would you mind letting me know what you think, when you get a spare minute or too. I lived in Australia for 18 years so I appreciate "things" are not the same as the UK which of course is usually the appeal fro most people. Stay safe, happy & positive

    ReplyDelete