going a little bit medieval!

by 11:31 1 comments
26° in Nadadouro  19° in Portreath

So we live near a beautiful old walled city called Obidos.  It used to be the wedding present from the King to his Queen - ah bless.  Now it's a mecca for tourists and holds lots of great events throughout the year.

We had a visitor the lovely Alice come to stay so we thought, like any respectable hosts, that we'd show her the sights.  Medieval festival it is then!

Not only did we eat off wooden plates, see jousting and too many wenches to count, but we found the stocks!  The kids loved the idea of me getting my head chopped off!  But who was that man in the tight leather pants!

We're definitely going there again  x



the magic valley

Designer

This blog was born when I left the UK and started a new adventure on the Silver Coast of Portugal. Being settled on the salty shores of the Atlantic is just idyllic; love, sun, sea and smiles, the perfect life for me.

1 comment:

  1. It's been many years since I visited Obidos, but I remember just how beautiful it was - Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete